- This event has passed.
Visual Beyond Words / We Bring The World To You” Exhibition opens at USC IGM Art Gallery Sunday February 25
February 25, 2018
OPENING RECEPTION: FEBRUARY 25TH, 3PM TO 6PM
The exhibit, Visual Beyond Words/We Bring the World to You will serve to further blend the communication and meaning to eliminate the ongoing “disconnect” within our society at large. “The IGM USC Gallery is an ideal location, to host the exhibit/project, as the IGM USC Gallery’s philosophy to reach within the essence of society through education and discovery,” said Steering Committee Co-Chairs, Phyllis T. Miller, veteran/artist, Project founder/co-chair., & Grace Bryan of Amazing Grace Gallery. The project’s title is a connection of two thoughts: “Visual Beyond Words/We Bring the World to You.” The titles reflect the project’s philosophy of empowerment through art and desire to meet the following goals and objectives:
- To equally empower the veteran and the civilian communities.
- To embrace the shared perspective within the families of veterans and the military.
- To invite and to gain a sense of devoted respect and support from the business, corporate and the political sector.
- To offer field trips among the youth organizations (Boys & Girls Clubs, YMCA, Girl Scouts/Boy Scouts).
- To assert the importance of history through the eyes of the veteran community and the men and women of our armed forces.
- To cultivate the faith-based communities and the veteran/civilian community.
- To ensure that the veterans of past wars and the Vietnam war are honored and acknowledged.
- To broadcast voices from veteran organizations, and supportive voices from the business & banking fields, and the entertainment, political, religious and public sectors.
Unlike typical art exhibitions, Visual Beyond Words/We Bring the World to You seeks to empower through art; to aid the healing process through honoring and remembrance; and to enlighten with the purpose of bridging the gap between communities of veterans and civilians and their families..
Guest Speaker, Tanya Acker, Esq, Judge from the TV Show, “Hot Bench”
Encore Speaker: Kathleen Ellertson, Coordinator “The Veterans Art Program